Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car last september and about a mont after this noise in the engine compartment started. It sounds like a loose bearing or pulley. Took it to Kia and they said it was the cannister and apparently fixed it. But it came back the next day. It comes and goes,sometime it gets louder somedays not.Kia said not to worry about it and that they have heard it before.
I`ve checked the pulley`s myself and tried to pin point it with a hose to my ear,
But no luck in pin pointing where its coming from. I know its on the right side of the engine around the timing cover area.
Also have a remote control that gave up and have been waiting for the dealer ship
to fix it this last month or so.??? Apparently they had to order a machine from the States to program a new Remote,which they now have but nobody there can get it programmed,so now I have to wait for this other guy to come.
Does anyone have a similar problem? (especially the engine noise) Would love to make it go away.
Gas milage is ok but could be better. Between 500-550 Km`s per tank city and highway mixed. According to traffic.
Other wise Love the car.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,979 Posts
Hmm.. can't really say that I've gone through that. Umm in my 91 Eagle Talon I had the same type of problem, but I found out that it was one of the engine mounts doing it because it was NOT bolted on correctly. Wierd.. newayz, it could be that.. <shrugs>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I will look into the mounts within the bext week or so as soon as I get time. Will let you know the results later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL Have`nt had time to check the mounts yet.
Reason for the laugh is that I am a Mechanic.But it beats the **** out of me and apparently the guys who repair them which is Kia theirselves.
Trouble is the wife drives it during the day and Im fixing cars or doing something all day if she don`t mention it Ill probally forget until I hears the car running,which of course is her leaving or coming home which is ussually late. Hopefully on the weekend I`ll get to look at it.Providing the wife is at home. :liebe011:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts