Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really need some advice, my 2004 just started acting up.

This is an intermitten problem (with A/C on or off - problem is happening), I am driving and the engine loses power, if I let off of the accelorator, the engine dies, if I pump the accelorator and put it in neutral and keep the engine at 2000 RPMs for a minute or two, it will then keep idle and running smoothly.

This has happended 6 times and no event or incident is the same to make it happen.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looking at camshaft sensor, your next path as well?
Yes because stealership offered us only 4000.00 to trade in and we have had it since new and ALL scheduled maint.
Camshaft was suggested everywhere online so I am going to that next. Wife will not drive it nor will I at this point because getting stuck in the middle of the road so sucks :(
Good luck with yours

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ordering the sensor this week and going to install myself, agree with the online input, the next one will be the TPS. Will let you know when I get it in, will be in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
let me know what you find out as I will do the same. I am going to try and get the camshaft sensor installed in a week or so.... luckily we can ride together to work or I have my motorcycle so it's not a emergency... hence the trade in NO deal

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did yours run okay until using the A/C? I have not used the A/C for 6 days and it runs good, just looking for more clues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts