Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new to this site but i dont know what else to do, my husband just recently had a rebuilt engine installed in my 04 sorento at the dealer the first day out of their shop the car has misfires on cyclinder 2,4, and 6 all coils,sparkplugs,and wires are new. aftermarket but new the sparkplugs are ngk, anyway the dealer does not know whats wrong with the car. it drives fine but at idle it shakes like crazy. i took the car to midas and had them run a diagnostics they said everything was fine but the engine was really tight and maybe if i just keep driving it the engine will loosen up and it will stop shaking. well i now have 700 miles on it and its still the same issue. like i said the car drives perfect and has lots of power just shakes at idle can SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE:mellow:

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,483 Posts
:00000732: to the forum.

TAKE IT BACK to the dealer. The more it is driven the more you run the risk of plugging the catalytic converters. They should be able to diagnose the problem. If it is misfiring it should throw a code.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they will not do anything, the service manager has told me he can not continue to ask his mechanics to check on my car without being paid for it

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Was the engine rebuilt by KIA at their shop?
Was the engine rebuilt at another location and delivered to KIA?

The symptoms you are describing could be a damaged crank sensor or cam sensor.
If it is throwing CEL's then everything is not fine and running it will not make things better. Things will only get worse. You may have to spend some money, get it fixed and then either go to KIA or the engine rebuilder and try to get your money back. Be sure to tell the other shop that you want everything documented and the old parts returned. It will help when you go to small claims court. It is a PITA but necessary to recover your money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my husband brought a engine form karking, he odered it and they shipped it to our local dealer. the dealer is only warrenting their work

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Then you are back to having an independent diagnose and document the repair. Then back charge karking if the evidence warrants that action. I am afraid Kia will drag their feet on a repair that was not their fault. They will repair it for $$ but not unless the problem originated from them.
Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts