Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
04' Sorento EX 3.5L 4x4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have everything hooked up and the remote turn on wire I have running from my amp to the "Premium Audio" in the fuse box on the drivers side under the wheel.

However I don't think it's powering off and is just constantly staying on because Oftentimes mornings i'll come out and start my car and the battery will be dead.... so i'm thinking the "premium audio" isn't the proper fuse it should connected to.

I dont know which other to connect it to. Ideas? Help? :confused: The power cable is direct into the amp but the remote turn on wire tells it to turn on or not, and here is a picture of the fuse box.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I have everything hooked up and the remote turn on wire I have running from my amp to the "Premium Audio" in the fuse box on the drivers side under the wheel.

However I don't think it's powering off and is just constantly staying on because Oftentimes mornings i'll come out and start my car and the battery will be dead.... so i'm thinking the "premium audio" isn't the proper fuse it should connected to.

I dont know which other to connect it to. Ideas? Help? :confused: The power cable is direct into the amp but the remote turn on wire tells it to turn on or not, and here is a picture of the fuse box.

I am not sure about the Sorento, but when I was connecting the remote wire in my last car, there is a wire in the harness to the stereo that you piggy back the remote wire onto, but not sure which one. Try ACC, or maybe the cigarette lighter if you can't find the remote wire. Look at a wiring diagram of the stereo and see what it shows.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento 3.5 5sp Auto
267 Posts
From my dealing with car radios, every car radio seems to have what is called a 'remote' wire.
This is where the amp remote wire should connect to. What happens is, once the radio is turned on, this wire is used to turn on all other amps. As long as the amps are receiving a signal down the remote wire (usually a small voltage that stays on) the are on. Once the radio is turned off, the amp should also turn off.

Some radio's have two remote wires. One for an amp and one for the electric retractable radio antenna. Essentially these two should be the same and you can piggy back an amp from the antenna remote and vis-versa.

So it seems you have the amp remote plugged into the wrong place.

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
I agree that you should tap into the "remote turn on" wire, or some are labeled "pwr ant". Usually blue, or blue with white stripe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts