Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently posted asking for help with my 2004 Kia Sorento EX which had a no-start problem. I read the replies others posted to another Kia owner having similar issues. I jumped the connections in the diagnostic connector next to the engine bay fuse box and I heard the fuel pressure build up in the engine bay. I was able to start the Sorento and it kept running. I removed the paper clip I used to jump the terminals and the car kept running. I have been able to start the car several times in succession without incident. Now, I wonder what is causing the fuel pump relay (both the new and old ones) not to function every now and then. Could it be a wiring issue? Any thoughts? I still this Kia was designed by Satan himself, or at least, the Marquis De Sade.

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,889 Posts
I recently posted asking for help with my 2004 Kia Sorento EX which had a no-start problem. I read the replies others posted to another Kia owner having similar issues. I jumped the connections in the diagnostic connector next to the engine bay fuse box and I heard the fuel pressure build up in the engine bay. I was able to start the Sorento and it kept running. I removed the paper clip I used to jump the terminals and the car kept running. I have been able to start the car several times in succession without incident. Now, I wonder what is causing the fuel pump relay (both the new and old ones) not to function every now and then. Could it be a wiring issue? Any thoughts? I still this Kia was designed by Satan himself, or at least, the Marquis De Sade.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

Kia Forum

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts