Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sedona
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m driving down the road and with no warning my Kia loses power. The engine coolant sensor, speed sensor and bad coil have been replaced. The mechanic has literally been playing spin the bottle on my van and is not solving problem. Anybody know what’s going on?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
11,008 Posts
I’m driving down the road and with no warning my Kia loses power. The engine coolant sensor, speed sensor and bad coil have been replaced. The mechanic has literally been playing spin the bottle on my van and is not solving problem. Anybody know what’s going on?
Anyone here could only offer wild guesses with the limited information provided, and if anything was provided would you be passing that onto the same unqualified mechanic?

Best advice would be to find a suitable qualified and experienced mechanic.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
11,008 Posts
The low pressure light illuminates when it cuts off. Been advised it’s not the oil pump etc
Advised by who?

Of course, if the engine cuts out, stops rotating, so does the oil pump stop rotating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts