Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has the wiring diagram for the 7" LCD mointor on the 2004 Sedona's? The wires that are directly connected to the mointor on the ceiling!

Thanks,
Omar

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
Hi

Have a 2004 Sedona (UK version) that has a Necvox LCD screen. Firstly I dont have a wiring diagram but it is very straight forward setup.

What is it you are trying to do? If you give me more details I might be able to help. :D

See my post here for a modification I did, it did give me an understanding of how it all works and being an electrical engineer I found it straight forward and there is nothing to technical.

Simon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok here is the problem. I got an extra KIA TV from someone who works at the dealership and I need to know what wires are what so I can split the signal and run it to two stock TV's.

Thanks Omar

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
Sorry for the delay in replying but I have been away on business with no internet access.

From memory. The screen should have the following cables.

A Yellow/Red/Black or blue set probably tapped together. These are the power supply cables from the back of the DVD player. You would need to splice the cables from your additional screen to these somewhere in the system. You may have to uprate the fuse slightly that the original screen supply comes from to allow for the additional load from the second screen. You will need to check the power consumption of each screen to do this and add them together to get an idea of what fuse rating is required.

There will also be a video coaxial lead and a left and right sound leads. These are the same as you get with camcorders and VCRs. Not sure how you can connect these as I do not know how they terminate at the screen. It is possible to put Y connectors at the DVD player end to overcome this but you would have to run the cables all the way from the screen to the player.

Hope this helps.

Drop me an email if you need any more help. (use my profile)

Simon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts