Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Kia Sedona – A/C blowing warm Air

The A/C was working fine then suddenly started blowing warm air instead of cold, checked refrigerant levels with gauges and it was a little low, added more refrigerant to the correct level but still no cold air. Checked Compressor and it was engaging when A/C is turned on but still no cold air. Checked Error codes, nothing that pertains to the A/C. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
You may have a freon leak somewhere in your system. That can be easily traced by a decent mechanic. If its coming from one of the hoses repairs can be done at minimal cost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try this trick:

Turn Ac to operate, then turn the cold/hot dial to the hot side for a moment, enough time for the damper to open to the hot side, then turn back to cool and see if that helps it. I had the same thing, and this is what the repair guy did and told me to do, until the damper switch fails completely. Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,959 Posts
I'm thinking along the same idea of hiletroy...
There is probably a servo driven motor that moves a flap that directs air between the Heater core and the AC evaporator. If it gets stuck or broke you may get a "mix" of hot and cold air or full of either.
With the AC running Full on and recirculate on.....Check the AC lines under the hood...If the AC is working good one of those lines should be COLD and the other HOT...If thats so you have the above problem with redirecting air...
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts