Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 kia rio 5 speed manual transmission. 94,000 miles on the car approximately. New timing belt 20,000 miles ago.
I'm located near Corvallis, OR

Codes:
P0030
P0036
P1166

Parts that have been changed:
Valve cover gasket (oil was leaking down in to spark plug tubes)
Mass air flow
Spark plugs
Spark plug wires

Drive ability:
hesitates in first and second gear. must rev it up pretty good to get it to go. Loss of power going up hills. at a stop light in neutral it holds a higher idle and can try to pop the throttle to get it to come down but stays up there so maybe dirty throttle body or IAC.

was going to change the fuel filter but it does not have one. I've read around on the forums and found that some are like this.

fuel mileage driving to and from work which is short commute (less than 5 miles) and driving locally around town and very lil in the country has dropped from 36 to 31 mpg. not a huge drop but noticeable.

its not my car so maybe i should go for extended drive to see.

Ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Lack of power up hills check your cat's or 02 sensor's for proper operation had that problem been there and done that with that 1166 code something to check try disconnecting the pipe between the cat's to help. Hope this help's somewhat Good luck with it if you can get a scanner on it do it. Reguard's Ronjohn

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
replaced o2 sensors and cat. problem still persists. almost stalls out. however i have not noticed if the exhaust still smells.....bad!

other ideas? maybe tps or iac?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
went for a drive.....car seems to run fine. stopped on the side of the road and noticed that after a lil while of sitting at idle the engine fan came on and off a few times.

cel came back on with p1166 code.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts