Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched all over the internet and would greatly appreciate a daigram of the stereo wires in the 04 model. I bought a harness and they sold me the wrong one but its for my sisters car so i was in a rush to get her her car back and figured i would just cut the cars harness and splice the wires until I can't figure out which wire is which, the only 2 i know i have are the goldish with red strip which is main power and the black, which is ground. Please someone that knows or has a harness, go check and make a list.

·
Registered
4 Posts
if you get a AA battery and put two wires together you could tell which wires are for what speakers tried the harness didnt fit.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, with the double A im guessing i hook up what i think to be positive speaker to postive end of battery and the same for negative, and ill hear a pop or something like that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
you say the goldish with red is power then i figure that the single yellow is constant 2 yellows right rear 2 greens left rear still havent figured out the rest i also have an 04 rio and im trying to put in a radio

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i went to circuit city to pick up a harness so i could buy then return it since i already cut the stock harness, but i left my wallet in my car and it was a pain in the ass to get alll the way to the back to the garage so i ended up not buying it. But ya, right now I can turn the key and the radio will light up and u hear it do something then shut off, with just the yellow and the ground plugged in.. and i Have the yellow plugged into the goldish wire with a red strip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
so i heard you need a hyundai harness not a kia harness i will try and get one since i havent cut my stock one off yet i think wal-mart might have em

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I got a shop to do it for like 20 buxx, turns out i had all the wires right in the end, they told me I blew out a fuse thats why it wasnt staying on, I cant tell u which way the wires are right now, cuz my sister has that car im driving my 04 spectra, I'll be able to let you know when she comes back from college

1 - 10 of 10 Posts