Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 kia rio base
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a lightly modded 2004 rio that im looking to put rear disc brakes on. does anyone know a kit that will fit and where i can find it. also any info on a turbo manifold would be great also

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio 2011 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
817 Posts

·
Registered
2004 kia rio base
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok the turbo manifold is something ive been wondering about for a very long time. i have a welder and i know how to weld but what do i need to start? it would be awesome if you could give me a general parts list to get me started and i will keep everyone posted with pictures and info about it. money is no object as of now.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio 1.6L BASE Manual
2 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead. The Streetkiaz forum is no longer available....is there anyone able to tell me or guide in the right direction. I've been doing searches but this is the only page that comes up. I would like to add bigger front brakes....and convert my rear drums to disc. Its an 04 rio. If i get no response i get it. This car isn't part of the current scene.

·
Registered
2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo / 2001 Kia Rio
279 Posts
Hi, you have an 04 the front brakes are already larger than what comes on the 01-03.

Any particular reason for moving to discs in the rear? I haven’t considered it myself, but it was under 100 shipped to replace everything from the backing plates to the wheels as-is.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio 1.6L BASE Manual
2 Posts
Hi, you have an 04 the front brakes are already larger than what comes on the 01-03.

Any particular reason for moving to discs in the rear? I haven’t considered it myself, but it was under 100 shipped to replace everything from the backing plates to the wheels as-is.
I upgraded to some larger 17" wheels.....i also upgraded to slotted rotors. I've warped my front rotors again. I'm sure its the weight of the wheels or my aggressive driving. Anyway...i want to put on larger rotors on the front with the correct caliper of course. Then i would like to do rear discs as well. My car is lowered on Megan springs. The car looks more sporty. I've also gone thru and replaced all the worn out bushings and struts and shocks. The car handles great.

$100 is very affordable. Which make and model do i need to grab these parts from

·
Registered
2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo / 2001 Kia Rio
279 Posts
17 is pretty big for this car! I would do 15s on mine if 14s weren’t so affordable. I have H&R springs on mine. I also did all new bushings, arms, motor mounts. Only thing original now is the large rear bushings and panhard bar.

rotors just don’t warp though. It’s a balance between heat and pad material. Are you Sure there are no Other problems? Slide pins need grease? I would ditch the slotteds and go back to plain vented rotors. What are you using for pads?

I’m sorry if you thought I went to discs in the rear but I was talking about drums. It was dirt cheap to replace everything.

Our cars are very close to festiva/aspire.

Gauging interest on rear disc brake conversion kit. - FordFestiva.com Forums

1 - 7 of 7 Posts