Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mistake 1 I allowed someone else to use for a few days.
mistake 2 I didn't tell them to call me first if they had any problems.

the problem is that after some engine sputtering(unknown cause)
i ended up with several volunteers (HELPING) fix my car,and i wasn't even there.
Lessons learned 1 don't loan car 2 don't loan car 3 recommend walking if they ask again.
I need a vacuum hose routing diagram 2004 Rio 1.6 and if possible an engine compartment wiring diagram or good photo showing where the electrical connectors on the engine wiring harness go.
I know that it's spitting out several engine codes that the dealer didn't even know what they were.don't have them with me or i would list them.
also i know that KIA used multiple connectors on the engine wiring harness that are alike and easily mixed up.
any help is appreciated and yes i tried to buy a Haynes/Chilton manual.
[email protected]

·
Registered
Cerato
692 Posts
Sympathies. I have only ever lent my car to a close friend who is a known good driver.

It's amazing how stupid and careless some people can be. I once lent a spanner to a neighbour and it came back completely mangled and useless; "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance" syndrome.

I believe that instruction manuals/diagrams are available via:

https://www.kiatechinfo.com/Index.asp

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply
I have tried to sign up for the KIA tech info site,guess there's some issue,running XP, will have to wait till Monday when i can call them.
thanks again for the info
[email protected]

·
Registered
Cerato
692 Posts
Quoting from DavesSpectra:

You need to be running
Microsoft Windows (XP,Vista,7) and
Microsoft IE (Internet Explorer 8 or higher).
You also need to download and install a free "plug-in or app" called Adobe SVG
(Scaled Vector Graphics). There is a link to this software on their site.
and a valid email address to send the password to..
This is the only known good way to get onto this site..

The site doesn't like...
Mac or Linux Operating Systems
Firefox/Chrome/Safari Browers

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Dr Bob and DavesSpectra are correct use the right protocall and you will get on kia tech, if you live in the usa it's free. You learned your lesson so let's fix your car here . Everyone is here to help good luck with it and give us the codes and what your helpers did to it. Good luck there is a wealth ofd info here, if you can do it yourself you can fix it. Reguard's Ronjohn hey I'm not a car mechanic but with the help of this site I got mine fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts