Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio RX-V
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I drive a 2004 Kia Rio RX-V, manual transmission, 150000 km.
I was driving at higway speed and I felt like the engine was losing power. I pulled over, checked oil and air filter, did a quick visual inspection, everything looked fine. When stepping on the gas pedal, the engine would not rev up past about 2000 rpms in neutral, or any of the 5 gears. The engine would run fine below 2000 rpms but shake hard and look like ready to stall when trying to go over 2000 rpms. I ended up driving with my hazards on for 100 km on the highway doing less than 80 km/h. After a while, the car started to drive normal again and issue never occured ever since.
My guess is maybe the fuel line got temporarely obstructed ? Anybody else ran into a similar problem ? I'm a bit worried about driving my car for longer trips now...

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Did your check engine light come on? if it did maybe there is a clue there. Hopefully maybe you had some bad gas or something like that. Did you change the fuel filter ever? And do the regular maintenance? TPS, MAF, IAC come to mind. Good luck reguard's Ronjohn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts