Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I just bought this vehicle yesterday, 15000 miles on it and driving it home (4 hours) I turned the head lights on just to see I didn't have any on the right side,nor a blinker or back up light! I do have the brake light but that's it.So contacted dealer I bought from and am having checked out tomorrow. Did I just get taken??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello,
I know at the moment this might not be consulation. But with just 15000 miles on it iam sure you have some warranty coverage on it could be an electrical problem that could be fixed. Had something similar that happened to a dodge van i used to own turned out to be a problem with the wiring. Good luck and please let us know
what happened?
Cooldon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi again! Thanks for responding and trying to make me feel better. It turned out there was a headlight that was unplugged and the back up light had burned out.So all is GREAT and I am SO happy to have the new car! It's the newest I've ever owned and I adore it! Also, this site is fantastic for people like me who know so little about vehicles. Rhonda

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Actually I'm curious about the head lights (since I am used to the set up on a 91 Eagle Talon), how easy/hard is it to install? I've look at the back of the housing is it screws off pretty easy.. but I'm worried since the Washer Fluid is blocking the passengers side and the battery is blocking the drivers side.. how do I get by all this? and any tips/suggestions on how to properly adjusting the headlights to level the two, right now my HL seems a bit off.. one is higher than the other.. heh.. might just be me.. but it came this way.. any ideas? let me know! thanks! :57:

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Adjusting the headlights is pretty easy. Check out the link below on how to clear the corners. Folow the steps on how to remove the headlight. Once it is out you will see a round black cap where the projector is. Remove that. Next to that you will see a black plastic philips head screw. Turn that either way. One way moves it up and the other moves it down. Thats how you set your headlights. I will take some pics this weekend so everyone knows what everything looks like.
http://www.kia-forums.com/t4485-clearing-c...-the-optima.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts