Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my name is Dan. I drive a 2004 Kia Optima Ex. The driver side door hasn't been working for over 6 months now. I've been climbing in from the passenger side.

I got some advice that it could be as easy as unscrewing the little plastic piece by the door handle and hooking something back into place, but I tried that, and it seems like everything is latched into place. Whatever is wrong with door isn't something minor.

I was told by the dealer it would cost me like 700 dollars to fix, replacing the entire door panel and all, since there is no way to get to the inner workings of the door without ripping stuff open, so long as the door is closed.

A nice, honest repair man I've had work for me before, told me that for around 300 dollars, he could fix the door, but he would leave cosmetic damage, and wasn't sure to what extent the damage would be.

I recently met a guy who recommended these forums for advice on how to fix the car door myself. He said he could fix it, but he needs more information about the door, potentially a diagram of the inside. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've done some additional research, and it looks like the 2004 Kia often has this problem....>.> Well..at least I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would like to tell you that kia is ripping you off but there not. You get what you pay for and prolly the reason the bill would be $700 is because they will work on it a while removing a lot of stuff to keep from tearing up stuff. If it was me I would foot the bill for this one. Sometimes it's best to let the experts handle things like this. And they will prolly have it fixed in a decent time. Assuming the dealer where you live is a good one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts