Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2004 Kia Cerato and I'm in Melbourne. Overall very pleased with the car, pleasantly surpised at the amount of refinement for the money. The ride quality is questionable, there is a good amount of "bounce" especially over bumpy roads and portholes, I'm kinda attributing this to the cheap hankook tyres that came with the car.
Anybody experienced the same thing?

Any particular brand/type of tyres that you'd recommend that can give a smoother and softer ride?

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra
183 Posts
My 2004.5 Spectra in the U.S. came equipped with 15" Goodyear LS tires.

I can't vouch for the longevity of these tires, but I have no complaints so far regarding traction, ride comfort, road noise, etc.

One of the best attributes of my Spectra (Cerato everywhere else...) *is* the smooth and quiet ride.

So a swap of tires may help your situation.

Good luck!

-SM

http://spectraman.freeservers.com

·
Registered
19 Posts
Originally posted by hugo5282@Feb 23 2005, 03:54 AM
Just purchased a 2004 Kia Cerato and I'm in Melbourne. Overall very pleased with the car, pleasantly surpised at the amount of refinement for the money. The ride quality is questionable, there is a good amount of "bounce" especially over bumpy roads and portholes, I'm kinda attributing this to the cheap hankook tyres that came with the car.
Anybody experienced the same thing?

Any particular brand/type of tyres that you'd recommend that can give a smoother and softer ride?
My Cerato has 205/50 R16 alloy wheels with Bridgstone Potenza tyres. I very satisfied. Here in Italy this kind of wheels are included in the "Sport pack" with window airbag and a soft tune for shock-absorbers. I never feel your problem with this configuration.

Bye

pila

·
Registered
8 Posts
mine came with the Hankook tyres as well, and I must say, my ride glides like a windglider... maybe your tyres are a little over-inflated...?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts