Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Amanti 3.5
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Kia amanti that I’ve had for almost a year and no issues and now all of the sudden one day the engine light came on and it became very sluggish on acceleration, checked it with the code reader and it said that it was the throttle position sensor we checked it, it has power and also reads proper as well as the accelerator position sensor. last thing we checked is the throttle body motor itself and it appears it isn’t getting power but we checked all the fuses and relays and they appear to be good. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
04 Kia Amanti, 2010 and 2016 Hyundai Genesis, 99 & 88 Suburban, ES30000, MGB91 E150, 89 S10 Blazer
218 Posts
The throttle butterfly valve motor bearings are dry. Take it apart, clean and lube the motor bearings. I keep a rebuilt spare on the shelf. Don't attempt to adjust the TPS resisters because they must be set with a meter. Of course, you could always buy a new one. Keep reading this forum for more tips on how to avoid outrageous repair expenses.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Amanti 3.5
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The throttle butterfly valve motor bearings are dry. Take it apart, clean and lube the motor bearings. I keep a rebuilt spare on the shelf. Don't attempt to adjust the TPS resisters because they must be set with a meter. Of course, you could always buy a new one. Keep reading this forum for more tips on how to avoid outrageous repair expenses.
The car has no power going to the throttle body period. Nothing to do with the vavles or anything in the throttle body. It’s not getting power so I’m assuming it’s the wiring but I don’t have a diagram

·
Registered
04 Kia Amanti, 2010 and 2016 Hyundai Genesis, 99 & 88 Suburban, ES30000, MGB91 E150, 89 S10 Blazer
218 Posts
I think there may be a wiring diagram somewhere on the internet. There are a couple PDF files for sale on eBay that may provide the diagram you are looking for.

It will be the same for most of the 3.5L Hyundai cars of that time. I think the electric signal to the TB is sent by the ECM. There are a few YouTube videos about how the TB works. If you touch the throttle plate with your finger, it should slide like it was on roller bearings. If it has any restriction to the motion of your fingertip, it needs to be removed and checked.

It appears fuse 14 may protect the current through the ETS system.

Reactions: tshay002
1 - 4 of 4 Posts