Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up this vehicle from an auction and love this vehicle. I have worked out a few issues with it but am dumbfounded about my hazard lights not working at all. When I push the button....nothing happens. My turn signals work just fine so I know that it is not a bulb issue. Has anyone had an issue like this and can direct me where to look for the problem? I tried finding info online on what fuse/relay controls the hazards but could not find anything on it. I looked in the manual at the fuse and relay diagrams and did not see any units labeled as hazards. Another issue I have is the back passenger window will not go all the way up when I pull the switch past the half way mark....it starts to go up but then immediately goes back to the same spot where it was before. It acts like there is an obstruction...which there isn't.

·
Registered
04 Kia Amanti, 05 Kia Amanti, 10 Hyundai Genesis, 99 & 88 Suburban, 01 ES300, 91 E150, 89 S10 Blazer
189 Posts
It sure has some white paint on it. It has the cool ten spoke mags on it too. It appears to have the shiny duct tape on the bottom of the doors. If you are pleased with it, it may be time to find a competent mechanic as well.

There was a comment about this issue at another forum. It reads as follows:
"There is no fuse specific to the hazard switch. If the hazards won't work, it is controlled by the body control module. When you turn the switch on, it sends a ground signal to the BCM and it makes the hazards work. If they aren't working, replace the switch or check the switch to be sure is is making the connection with a volt meter. If not, then the switch is no good. If it is, then there is an issue with the wiring or the BCM itself."
https://www.justanswer.com/kia/52sku-kia-amanti-trying-locate-fuse-switch.html.
the BCM is attached to the back of the inside fuse box. Sometimes wiggling the wires will help to locate the open circuit. The obvious solution is to short the switch wires with a couple of sewing needles to see if the flasher works when the needles collide. If touching the needles together works, then buy a new switch. I am confident it has a flasher module as well, but it may take a bit of research to find it.

SWITCH ASSEMBLY HAZARD WARNING Kia Part No.: 937103F000

·
Registered
04 Kia Amanti, 05 Kia Amanti, 10 Hyundai Genesis, 99 & 88 Suburban, 01 ES300, 91 E150, 89 S10 Blazer
189 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased the Hazard flasher unit from RockAuto but can't locate where it is installed in the car. I looked under the dash and had the center console out.....and don't see it to replace. I did put in a new Hazard switch but that didn't fix the issue. I have a feeling that the BCM is the issue because I have noticed that my side mirrors randomly tilt down when I put the vehicle in reverse and one of the rear windows has a problem going back up (acts like there is an obstruction....only goes up a few inches and then back to where it was). It is a great car otherwise with only 79K on the odometer. I replaced the passenger side lower door trim panel but can't find a place to purchase the chrome panel that attaches to it with double sided tape to complete it. The dealer does not have a listing for the panel even though the vehicle was purchased with them on. You can see the tall chrome panel that I am referring to by the pic below.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts