Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Carnival LS 2004
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the world of auto DIY. Have successfully managed an oil change and oil filter change and now moving on to the manual transmission oil.

Problem....I think I have found the drain plug (the big one at the bottom) I just have no idea where the fill hole is or what it even looks like.

Now I have looked on the forum and not had much success (keep in mind I am a total noob at this), I have looked at the kiatech site (it as a total mess)

Any help would be much appreciated and with any luck I can become a seasoned DIY mechanic.

Cheers guys

·
Registered
KIA's 2000 Carnival, 2008 Magentis, 2005 Optima
559 Posts
You need to remove the speedo x-ducer which is on the top of gearbox next to the diff housing, and fill the oil thru that hole.

·
Registered
2001 Kia Carnival 2.5L manual & 2000 Carnival Auto
320 Posts
Final oil level will be that achieved when the speedo drive cog is just covered by oil once you insert it back in...

The speedo unit can seize fairly tight - just keep wriggling too & fro whilst lifting up.
May seem to take forever... better than breaking the expensive plastic doo dad...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Catseye, Classic boy & Conglomerate,

May I have your advice on purchasing a 2nd hand Kia carnival from a Jax wholesale in Clearview, South Australia?

My email address is [email protected].

It is selling at $2, 999. Travelled 97, 000+km.

·
Registered
2001 Kia Carnival 2.5L manual & 2000 Carnival Auto
320 Posts
offer less than 1000 for it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts