Kia Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra
183 Posts
Originally posted by ddire@Jan 11 2006, 12:34 AM

I just had the airbag recall done...... what a screw up that is. They air bag light was always on and off, on and off....... now it just stays on most of the time.

DD:

Question.... is your AIRBAG DEACTIVATED light staying on all the time now EVEN when an adult sized person is sitting in the seat?

I haven't had my recall reprogramming done yet, but I'm skeptical to have it done since my light (and thus the activation mode) seems to work correctly.

My (March-built 2004) 2004.5's AT tranny has had absolutely NO problems to date (knock on wood), and I've experienced no pinging.

I wonder what the devil KIA did to screw things up in the 2005 model year, and why? Were they trying to get better MPG? Better emissions?

-SM

·
Registered
107 Posts
Most of the time the light stays on with my wife in the seat.... she is large enought to make it work correctly.

My 05 air bag light was always on and off and when she shifted here weight around she could make it come on and off... now for the most part it's on all the time. On the odd time it does seem to work correctly, but not often.

If they we're trying to get more mpg then they failed. It's reated at 46mpg Canadain on the hwy... I drive 40mins to work evey day on the hwy and have never gotten more than 33mpg avg on a tank...

d

·
Registered
2006 Kia Spectra5
76 Posts
Your welcome for the info. I am not sure in Canada, in the US market the BBB should be able to help you. Sorry your having troubles, hang in there!
Any Factory bulletin for a PCM reprogramming (NA market) and I'll post it here ASAP. I get them as soon as they come out.
Only thing I can say in the meantime if your not happy with the service your getting, I would possibly try another dealer? there are a lot of great techs out there, just not all at the same dealer, LOL. ;) shop around if you can. You may meet someone really nice who will help you out.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not sure it's identical, but the Elantra Occupant Classification System (OCS) has similar issues as shown here. The demo video is interesting if you have broadband.

FYI, the OCS is a new thing in all cars right now and many models are having problems like this.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts