Kia Forum banner

61 - 61 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2003 KIA Sorento 4 X 4 3.5 V6 4 Speed Automatic
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
OK Attention All Super Tech Wiring Guys. I got the Engine running today and it sounds extremely healthy. But I had to use a "Jump Wire" in the "Main Relay" insert in the engine main fuse box to make it start up and run. I tried some several other relay's I have that I know are in working order, but nothing happened. I jumped wire post 85 to 87 tested with volt meter and get well over 12 volts as well power on 30 pin connector with key in on position. I believe these speak to the ECU as I had 12 volts at the ECU fuse when I jumped it over. But No darn power on 86 pin insert with test meter. So this tells me something is not allowing power to get to this "Main Sensor Relay". Does anybody have a wiring diagram of these circuits? or link too? Better yet, does anybody know what "Color" wires are connected to this relay to the fuse box in the kick panel or where ever they go? When I took the fuse box out and disconnected the wiring harnesses I cannot make from heads to tails which connector powers that "Main Relay" circut.
If I knew what color wire powers that sucker I can trace them properly to find the bad one that is preventing power to the main relay to fire up the engine. Thank you...I am almost there...At least I know or believe after all work that has been done that the engine and mechanical parts are working properly. And the ECU is not dead in the water. Now to trace this No power to the main relay...all advise and help is greatly appreciated.

61 - 61 of 61 Posts