Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I have had my 2003 kia sorento for about a year now, bought at 198,000km, it's now done nearly 327,000km. About 3 weeks ago during a 4 hour drive the O/D off light started flashing and the O'D button on the gear shift doesn't do anything. The car doesn't accelerate as well as it was before and takes a while to get up to speed, fun on the motorway and hills are a struggle now too. Wondering if anyone knows what could have brought this on and how to fix? It happened once before not long after I bought the car so we charged it's battery and it went back to normal, but charging the battery didn't help this time. It's booked in for a service and diagnostic next week anyway but curious to see if this is a common problem and what the causes have been for others? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,773 Posts
Hi all!

I have had my 2003 kia sorento for about a year now, bought at 198,000km, it's now done nearly 327,000km. About 3 weeks ago during a 4 hour drive the O/D off light started flashing and the O'D button on the gear shift doesn't do anything. The car doesn't accelerate as well as it was before and takes a while to get up to speed, fun on the motorway and hills are a struggle now too. Wondering if anyone knows what could have brought this on and how to fix? It happened once before not long after I bought the car so we charged it's battery and it went back to normal, but charging the battery didn't help this time. It's booked in for a service and diagnostic next week anyway but curious to see if this is a common problem and what the causes have been for others? Thanks!
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,694 Posts
Try searching the forum - this I found pretty quickly via google (I had a good idea it existed!).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts