Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The drivers window was working when I got this 2003 Sorento only to have it not go up on the second day. I have not been able to get it to go up since.

The original owner said there was an issue and it works when it wants to. So far it has not wanted to. I took the switch apart and greased it. No good. How do I test everything so that I am not just throwing parts at it.

I looked at other posts and it seems like you can give the motor power without the switch and see if it goes up or down depending on which pin you power. There were no specifics and I am not good with electrical. Does anybody know how to test the various window parts?

Is there a fuse or relay for only the drivers front window? I don't think so. All of the other windows work like they should.

I have a circut tester and a cheap digital multimeter.

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
279 Posts
Set your multimeter to DC in whatever range has 12v in it, and see if there is any power going up any of the lines into the window motor. If there is, but it still won't move, check for things that could be blocking it (bent rail, off track, etc), and clearing that, the window motor is likely shot.

·
Registered
2003 Sorento EX, purchased new, as of Jan 2016 - 122k miles; 2013 Mazda2 is my everyday car, 40 mpg
13 Posts
The power sunroof on my 2003 Sorento stopped working with the sunroof open a few months ago. I took every fuse out & checked them with a multimeter (the interior fusebox on the driver's side near the foot rest). They all checked fine, and when I tried the sunroof it worked fine, just taking out the fuse out & re-seating it did the trick, must have been some corrosion stopping it from making contact. Worth a try, a bad connection on a fuse could cause the power window to work intermittently (aka, when it wants to).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts