Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went and got gas one day. 2 days later sedona is dead after driving a couple miles and stopping. Tries to crank but hesitates. Everything works power wise. Radio works, windows etc. Threw some fuel injector cleaner in it and some gas line antifreeze. I noticed when cranking it over the gas gauge goes to where it should register then it drops to "e". Finally fires after about 2 hours. Check engine light comes on then goes off. Drive it for about a month without any problem.

Now it's been acting up everyday. Took it to the shop and they tell me the code coming up is ignition sensor and nothing else. I get them to change it plus throw in a new battery. When I go to pick it up they tell me they can't get it started. I leave it another day and they call saying the code coming up now is the camshaft sensor code. Shouldn't this code have shown up when they did the first scan? Then they say they have to order the part. I take it home and hope for the best.

I can start it if it sits for hours. The gas mileage is been poor too. Another thing I noticed is when I turn the ignition I hear a click in the rear of the van coming from the heater vent panel by the hatch door. I also hear this click when I turn the rear heater fan knob from "R" to "0". I'm not sure if this is a new noise or not. Also I have a spare metal key that only ever used to open the doors but now it will start the van. Can anyone help me. I don't want to spend a ton of money on this van if it's a simple fix.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts