Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Sedona EX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many moons ago I posted about a "false positive" on the temp gauge showing overheating when it really isn't.

I have finally gotten around to replacing the ECTS, however, I can not remove the old one. I have noticed on
the new one, its threads are coated in a red layer of something. I am assuming it is a factory variant of thread locker
"red". If this is the case - then no wonder I can't remove it without applying heat.

Are my assumptions correct in that the red substance on the new sensor is probably factory applied thread locker and that
the old one probably had it too, which will require applying heat to get it to loosen?

Thanks in advance for your quick replies.

·
Registered
Sedona '02
111 Posts
Many moons ago I posted about a "false positive" on the temp gauge showing overheating when it really isn't.

I have finally gotten around to replacing the ECTS, however, I can not remove the old one. I have noticed on
the new one, its threads are coated in a red layer of something. I am assuming it is a factory variant of thread locker
"red". If this is the case - then no wonder I can't remove it without applying heat.

Are my assumptions correct in that the red substance on the new sensor is probably factory applied thread locker and that
the old one probably had it too, which will require applying heat to get it to loosen?

Thanks in advance for your quick replies.

View attachment 112560
I don't see issue with heating the area then using a long wrench for leverage?
When I put a new one on, it did have the red sealant like that.
I think that black plastic part may get in the way of a socket if I remember right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts