Kia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I don't no why but tonight my tail and dash lights died. My fuses are ok and I don't no what to do. Can someone help me? Thank's in advance !!!

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
I had dash light issues in the Sorento I once owned. It was the dimmer switch. But having the dash lights and tail lights go out at the same time has really got me puzzeled. But all of the other lights in the car work? Do you have brake lights or turn signals in the rear or are they out too?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All my other light are ok, it's just my tail and dash lights... and before I go to my dealer, I want an idea where is my problem...

They turn Off and On a couple of time last night and after that they died. To go back to my house I had to put the hazard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,
Did you find out what the problem was?

Just last week my dash and rear tail lights went out also and the first day they came back on for a few minutes then have not b een on since. My car is a 2001 Kia Rio and I have been looking into every possible reason before I bring it in to my mechanic

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Try swapping the TNS relay with the horn relay and see if that helps.

If it doesn't, listen to it (the relay) or feel it for a "click", then come back and tell me what you find.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer told me that it was my remote car starter the problem. But my car starter works ok. And if it's my car starter the problem it's not on the warranty and they don't no how much time they will spend on my car to find the problem......... (sorry for my english tonight but i'm tired :) )

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Your dealer is probably lying to you, and to automatically name the problem without investigating it is ridiculous. Tell them you're going to take it back to the place that installed it, and when they remove it and the problem isn't fixed, then the dealer can pay to have it reinstalled. If they decide that they would like to do their job and troubleshoot the problem, tell them you would like to see the problem before they fix it. It would be easy to say the problem was the alarm wiring and that they just fixed it for you before they hand you the bill for the repair.

Did you swap the relay? Maybe you can avoid the dealer all together.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't have a remote car starter anyway so it would be that, but I will try the relay when the sun gets up. I'll let you know what happens aftewards.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Well, if you hear a click when you turn the lights on (NOT headlights) then it's probably the TNS relay operating. This means that your problem is after it. There are three fuses to check, the 15A TNS fuse, which is good if the relay operates. The other two are the 10A LH Tail and RH Tail fuses. Did you check these?

After this, there's not much you can check unless you have a test light and are willing to start getting your hands dirty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am not any kind of expert with car repairs as this is my first car. My brother who is helping me out with this has a little experience with cars though. That said, I am willing to get dirty to get this fixed or at least find the reason for the malfunction.

Thanks for taking the time out to help with this. BTW, do you know where I can get a copy of the manual for the car? I didn't get one with it when I bought it.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
OK, first you need to see if voltage is getting to the LH and RH fuses with the parking lights switched on. So take the test light, and hook the wired end to a ground and touch the tip to the metal part on the top of one of the fuses. The relay needs to be in and the lights need to be switched on. This will tell us if voltage is making if from the relay to the fuses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
same prob

I am having a similar problem first my dash light went out then my tail lights and I found this forum so I began looking into fuses and have an appoint. at kia so if that doesn't work to check the drl module but now today my wipers stopped working in the rain too of course. 2002 kia rio have nooo idea what to do!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts