Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to get the rear speaker cover off. I took out that screw but nothing even budged. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I have been trying to replace my rear speakers in my 2001 hatchback for ages.

I have googled for hours and found nothing.

Has any body done a rear speaker change?

·
Registered
04 Kia Rio (my babe)
352 Posts
Once you have the screws out< it could be held in by clips that exspand once they go through the whole so they dont come back out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanx

Thanks, I'll have a look tomorrow.

The speaker cones have got splits in them (I ran them a bit too hard) so I want to change them asap :p

·
Registered
01Rio,09Polo
1 Posts
Turn off the radio before playing with your speakers. You will have to flick the back seats forward , lift up the carpet trim and place forward carefully,remove the trim screws and plugs on each side including the rear trim on the tailgate latch. Carefully pop out the window trims ( It has a few tight spring steel clips, if you haven't pulled car trim before be careful as you may break it ). The speakers are an odd size (5") but they are available in JVC. You will have to refit the speaker wiring with new terminals as they are different. Re-assemble as per dismantle making sure everything is working and the wiring is secured, enjoy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was talking to a guy in the audio shop when I went to buy the 5'' speakers and he said you can fold back or cut the metal to fit bigger speakers in.

Is this a good idea? I have only cut larger holes in a cardboard door panel on an old car :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts