Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hello folks, my first post on the forum. I owned a 2001 Rio until I wrecked it, now I own a 2003 . Haveing a bit of trouble, :( the blower won't run, well it will run if you hit the switch so I think I need to replace the switch. Now heres the problem, the 2001 Rio had a screw in the ash tray area to hold the radio trim on, the 2003 doesn't have the screw. Is this panel strickly a pull off now? I tried to pry it off but it won't budge, didn't want to force the issue and break it before I found out if I'm missing the location of a screw or something holding this trim panel on. So, does anyone know if it just pulls off, and it's just a little bit tough to get it off? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to do the same thing when I put an aftermarket stereo in my 2003 Rio. It seems like you are going to break it but just start at the bottom and start pulling the corners on the trim piece. The piece is plastic but actually has metal clips that holds it to the dash. (A considerable amount of force is going to be needed to pull the piece off)

This is the easy part. Beware that getting it back on is going to be pretty tricky (it took me a lot of time trying to line everything back up

1 - 2 of 2 Posts