Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Rio
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all I'm new to this site and was wondering if you guys could help me out with a problem I've encountered. So a few weeks ago my brake light came on and after a little investigation I found that my brake proportioning valve was leaking fluid out the top. So here is my dilemma, I know that in the process of replacing the part I will loose brake fluid and there will be a considerable amount of air throughout the whole brake system. How do I make sure that it is all out afterwords? I know that I have to bleed the brakes, but I'm a little hazy on just exactly how to do that. So basically I have two questions, will bleeding get ALL of the air out and how do I bleed the brakes? This seems like a pretty simple operation but I haven't had very good luck looking it up on youtube and elsewhere.
Hope you can help.

Oh, also on a totally unrelated note, why is the transmission geared so low? In 5th gear at 60 mph I'm running 3k revs! I am going to school 9.5 hours away from home and the entire trip home is interstate driving, so between 65 and 75 mph for a solid 9.5hrs; that's a long time for that poor little engine to be running that fast. Last time I made the trip my car threw a PO171 code :( I'm replacing the O2 sensors, but I don't know if I want to risk driving back home for the holidays; it's the only car I have and can't really afford to replace it or have extensive repairs made to it.

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Dmitri C welcome to the forum i would say replace the part and just do a normal bleed starting with the furthest wheel pass side rear,driver side rear, pass side front, drivers side front and see if it works. http://www.kiatechinfo.com/ for service material free just have to register you need IE and have to download a veiwer provided on the site. Look under the brake system/brakeline/ repair procedures Good luck. Reguard's Ronjohn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts