Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The optima was parked for about 6 months. It starts for about 3 seconds and it shuts off. Checked the fuel fuse and is good. Has a new battery. Check the fuel pump wiring and is receiving 12 volts with ignition on and 12 volts when the car is cranked, and it's recieving ground. I removed the return line from the engine and fuel flows out. The check engine light is not on. The weird part is that I remove fuel fuse and it does the same thing as with the fuse on and the fuel pump still receives power.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just found this, I would scan for a code even though no check engine or it doesnt run long enough to get one, it should have a code. Check this site:

Kia Optima LX: I have a 2004 Kia optima 2.4L and I am changing - JustAnswer

If you read the whole thing he has the same problem you do and he has a code for camshaft sensor, he replaced it and now is good.

Also, one last thing, I had the CKPS go bad in my 2004 kia optima and did not give me a chance to see a CEL, but it had a code stored in it anyways. Hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car is not mine, I'm helping this couple fix it. I found out yesterday the entire story. The car shut off while driving. They towed it back and found the battery was damaged. So they changed but never started. They actually let the car sit for almost 13 months. We towed it to my house and I'm currently working on it.

Yesterday we towed it to auto parts store and ran diagnostics. The code p0340, the cam shaft sensor. When I checked the cam shaft sensor the harness was broke. maybe it was just the harness broke. Now the car won't pump fuel in to the injectors. And I don't know why. It's getting the right power to fuel pump. The fuel pump was working fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts