Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento,BMW, Chevrolet, VW
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings. New here. I have a 2003 Sorento since new and can't get the headlight lens to polish out anymore. Clears up mostly, but seems to be some crazing that won't come out. My question is: Do the 05 & 06 headlights fit my 03? I am asking because on Ebay, a pair of 03 & 04 headlight are about $35 more expensive than the 05 & 06 from the same seller. Same description. (searched this and other forums.....)
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
2003 and 2004 have the same part# but 2005-2006 have a diff one. Might work, can't be sure.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento,BMW, Chevrolet, VW
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply about part numbers.

I'm hoping that someone has actually tried this replacement and can give me some confidence that this swap will work. Lots of discussion about 2007 lights into older models, but no mention that I can find about 05 & 06 into 03 & 04.
Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2003 and have 2006 headlights in it. It was wrecked and that is all I could find on ebay at the time. They do bolt right in but the plugs on the back are different but the wires have the same colors. I just wired them in and it worked great.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento EX V6 AWD, RIP 2003 Sorento EX 3.5L
154 Posts
03 Sorento - Looking to install 07 Headlights

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows if Sorento's 07, 08 or 09 headlight units can be fitted in 03?
Seems like 07 and up have a low beam projector in them, that would really be nice to complement my low beam HID kit bulbs which are now installed.
If need be I can re-wire the cables for other bulbs like turn signals.......since the connections maybe different, hopefully the entire headlight housing will fit.

Thank you.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Did anyone had the pleasure of installing newer model Sorento's headlights like 2007 (which has projector headlight) into 2003?

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento 3.5 5sp Auto
267 Posts
I read somewhere in these forums that it did not work.
They are different and dont exactly fit apparently.
If your looking for projectors, check out retro fitting projectors into your head lights.
I am thinking of going to a body repair shop and trying to get a set of broken sorento head lights, and a set of projectors from a broken set of some other head lights, and install them. If that works, take apart my headlights and install the ones 'i prepared earlier'

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thank you RandomBob,

I did install Morimoto mini H1 v5 projectors from TRS and I am happy but was wondering if the stock 2007 headlights would somehow be better because they have the stock projectors. Maybe?
But if they do not fit then they do not fit.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento 3.5 5sp Auto
267 Posts
Do you have a pic of the headlights with the retrofit?
I just got some morimoto HID's for the high beams (no projector, but only planning to use them off road, or in the dark country roads when no one else is around). Not installed yet but in the coming weeks.

Also any pics of the stages of the retrofit?

With the stock projectors, if you read TRS web sites, they say most lenses arent the clearest. So i would say your retrofit would be better than stock 2007+ with projectors...
My opinion at least.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Do you have a pic of the headlights with the retrofit?
I just got some morimoto HID's for the high beams (no projector, but only planning to use them off road, or in the dark country roads when no one else is around). Not installed yet but in the coming weeks.

Also any pics of the stages of the retrofit?

With the stock projectors, if you read TRS web sites, they say most lenses arent the clearest. So i would say your retrofit would be better than stock 2007+ with projectors...
My opinion at least.
This was my first attempt, not the best work on my part and most likely will open up the headlights soon to redo the cutoff shields to make them as straight as possible. I had more pics but did not post them and must have delete them. I can post a pic of the car with headlights installed if you need to see how they look.

http://www.kia-forums.com/2003-2010-sorento-forum/48840-07-headlights-05-a.html

·
Registered
Kia Sorento, 2003 Manual 4WD
4 Posts
Greetings. New here. I have a 2003 Sorento since new and can't get the headlight lens to polish out anymore. Clears up mostly, but seems to be some crazing that won't come out. My question is: Do the 05 & 06 headlights fit my 03? I am asking because on Ebay, a pair of 03 & 04 headlight are about $35 more expensive than the 05 & 06 from the same seller. Same description. (searched this and other forums.....)
Thanks!
That is a cool looking Sorento colour. We never got the red here. So beautiful. I also have a 2003 Sorento, and my Headlight also needs cleaning too much these days. maybe its time to replace it. I was searching if someone has done it and came to this thread. Nice looking sorento.

I have a 2003 and have 2006 headlights in it. It was wrecked and that is all I could find on ebay at the time. They do bolt right in but the plugs on the back are different but the wires have the same colors. I just wired them in and it worked great.
Cool! 2006 ones have projector?

·
Registered
Kia Sorento, 2003 Manual 4WD
4 Posts
This was my first attempt, not the best work on my part and most likely will open up the headlights soon to redo the cutoff shields to make them as straight as possible. I had more pics but did not post them and must have delete them. I can post a pic of the car with headlights installed if you need to see how they look.

07 headlights on 05
I would not be able to do it, but I'm gonna read the thread anyway. :LOL:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts