Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Spectra LS-automatic
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2003 Kia Spectra LS and its an automatic. I have noticed a loud popping noise coming from the front end. It seems louder when going over bumps and turning. I'm assuming its the cv but I am not sure. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have had the same problem with ours for months now. Replaced the motor mounts and the struts and its still there. Mostly when turning and bumps as well.

Did you ever find the source?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,922 Posts
Mileage would help with diagnosis...and past history as fare as fron end parts are concerned (if you have it)... CV joints do wear out (especially if the rubber boots crack, break, and get dirt in them).
The upper strut bearings can also go bad and cause a popping noise...I just repaced the struts on my son's 04 Mazda6 and there was nothing left of the upper roller bearings within the upper strut mount...
I replaced them also. He is one again a happy Mazda owner...
Got them both on line at rockauto.com...
Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
For my issue it shouldn't be the strut bearings. We've replaced Struts, bearings, motor mounts, etc all at same time. Unless they botched the install up. Nothing appears to be loose.

The car has 109k on it now. I am suspecting either steering rack or sway bar issues. Living in AZ rubber components die quite quickly. So the bushings holding sway bar on could be completely dried out and cracked.

Thought when CV joints went they often rhythmically click. Not so much only pop and creak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts