Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the factory radio color codes for a 2003 kia sorento EX (it has tape and cd player).....i am trying to hook an after market head unit in and I have power but absolutely no sound... I think I have to move the wire around in the harness and just want to know which colors are for what..THANKS

·
Diesel Pro
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,957 Posts
You will probably get better info from www.kiatechinfo.com. Schematics are in ETM section. To read schematics you will need IE and Adobe SVG viewer (download from site) installed. All schematics have colour codes and code index is in page 3 of the 'General' section.

There are variations depending on standard or premium audio and/or remote control options.

(We don't have same options in UK so can't be more specific.)

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
279 Posts
I need the factory radio color codes for a 2003 kia sorento EX (it has tape and cd player).....i am trying to hook an after market head unit in and I have power but absolutely no sound... I think I have to move the wire around in the harness and just want to know which colors are for what..THANKS
I would be willing to bet that you have the amplifier under your driver seat, and was sold the wrong wire harness as a result.

You can tap the blue/white and blue cables (amp or pwr/ant) wires to the wire that seems to not go anywhere on the vehicle side of the harness. This will supply power to the amp/crossover. Your best bet would be to send the harness back and get one for the EX model (if you've got the amp and an LX, than it's the LX-Sport Edition).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts