Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Rio RX-V, 1981 Honda 1100 Interstate
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this 2003 Kia Rio RX-V for a good price and it needs a few things. The dash lights never worked. I have door open light, gear selection light, blinkers/4-ways all show on the dash but no back light or speedo or tach lights. I also noticed that my fog lights work, my datime running lights work, my high beams only work when I hold the lever towards myself but they do not work when placed in the high beam selection. My left and right signals work and show up on the dash. There are times that when the signal light is selected, there seems to be a momentary buzzzing sound. I am new to this car. I don't have any repair manuals. I was hoping to get some tips on where to start looking like, where is the fuse for the back light on the dash? Is there a relay involved? Could the selector handle be faulty even though the signals work and momentary high beam selection works?

Thank you,

NavyMarine

·
Registered
2003 Kia Rio RX-V, 1981 Honda 1100 Interstate
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just noticed today that when the right blinker is put on, that the dash lights come on as well and stay on as long as the right turn blinker is blinking. When the right turn cancels, the dash lights go out as well. Does this sound like a switch issue?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts