Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please. I am just a backyard mechanic.
Ok so I have been trying to fix my car for close to a year now and still no fix.. Ok this is what she is doing. I'll warm car up in the morning and take off is fine drives normal in till I get about 10 miles down the road. So after 35mph. She will just bog down and I can accelerate (slowly) threw the bog. And she will clear out the bog down and drive normal but just for it to come back about at least every 10 minutes. Check engine light in the beginning would come on then it would act like it is trying to fix itself. And light would go away then come back in a couple minutes now check engine light stays on. And says multiple Misfire in cylinders 123&4 o2 sensor after cat is reading 0.4 front one reads 0.9. And it is saying check engine for back o2 sensor
Things I have done to fix this
(Cat was clogged so I punched the cat out) and was told that I need to put a 02 sensor non fauler on after cat so it will make my car think it still has cat- done just like u tube video
New ngk plugs and wire's
(My car has cold air intake) I put a new filter on
New fuel filter
New coil pack
New throttle position sensor
New crank position sensor
New cam position sensor
New injectors
I have even replaced the pcm with a good used one
After all this I took car on 100 mile drive to get computer back online and car is still bogging down.
Please help. Could it be cause I punched out the cat when it got clogged?
I don't have a o2 sensor in my cat it is before cat in exhaust manifold and after cat. does kia have to have a cat? Could my cars problem be back pressure?? Because no cat. I am at a loss please help I have no clue what to do next and don't have the money for shop and can't keep throwing money into her

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,729 Posts
Help please. I am just a backyard mechanic.
Ok so I have been trying to fix my car for close to a year now and still no fix.. Ok this is what she is doing. I'll warm car up in the morning and take off is fine drives normal in till I get about 10 miles down the road. So after 35mph. She will just bog down and I can accelerate (slowly) threw the bog. And she will clear out the bog down and drive normal but just for it to come back about at least every 10 minutes. Check engine light in the beginning would come on then it would act like it is trying to fix itself. And light would go away then come back in a couple minutes now check engine light stays on. And says multiple Misfire in cylinders 123&4 o2 sensor after cat is reading 0.4 front one reads 0.9. And it is saying check engine for back o2 sensor
Things I have done to fix this
(Cat was clogged so I punched the cat out) and was told that I need to put a 02 sensor non fauler on after cat so it will make my car think it still has cat- done just like u tube video
New ngk plugs and wire's
(My car has cold air intake) I put a new filter on
New fuel filter
New coil pack
New throttle position sensor
New crank position sensor
New cam position sensor
New injectors
I have even replaced the pcm with a good used one
After all this I took car on 100 mile drive to get computer back online and car is still bogging down.
Please help. Could it be cause I punched out the cat when it got clogged?
I don't have a o2 sensor in my cat it is before cat in exhaust manifold and after cat. does kia have to have a cat? Could my cars problem be back pressure?? Because no cat. I am at a loss please help I have no clue what to do next and don't have the money for shop and can't keep throwing money into her
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
If the primary/up stream catalytic converter was in pieces then you probably also have a secondary/down stream cat plugged from the pieces of the primary cat... remove the secondary O2 sensor and take the car for a drive...Yes it will be noisy but if it performs much better you probably still have a plugged exhaust...I would also suggest checking the MAF sensor as it can cause problems looking like a restricted/plugged exhaust... Do NOT buy a cheap MAF from amazon or ebay...try finding a salvage donor at a local "pull-a-part"...If there is an improvement then buy a quality MAF (like Denso/Bosch/or OEM)... The Cheap MAFs just do not work and you will chase your tail because "you replaced the MAF" and ruled it out as a cause... I've been there and done that only to find the "replacement" did not function like the OEM one... A faulty MAF will tell the ECM the wrong values and then the ECM may lean out the air fuel mixture to a point where there is not enough fuel and you have misfires and poor performance...Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts