Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my uncles, sorento 1st gen kia sorento, already has led tail lights installed. and will be shipping this headlights to him lol
waiting for halos.......
hella low beam MH1 high beam
satin black housing with satin silver shrouds as per request ..
his suv has too much bling (chrome)
pic below is raw
installed pics will be after 2 weeks with output shots.. philippines is halfway around the world..

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i made them just like in my sorento.. my uncle was complaining about his lighting for long drives so i made him this.. i still need the halos installed.. waiting for them :)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there's some cheaper components which will cost you less.. it can reach 400$
i usually order stuff from china, because in the USA will cost 30-40% more.. too much....
so here's some idea for everybody for components

projectors- 80$-120$ (if OEM will be 180-220$ depending which one)
shrouds - cover of projectors 10-15$ (pair)
bulbs- usually 20$ pair (oem starts at 70$ pair to 180$/pair) like philips and osram
ballasts- about 30-40$/pair (oem starts at about 120-150$/pair)
relay harnesses 10$
headlight replicas - 220$ (if you want to keep originals)
halos- 50$-130$ pair depending on your choice (i chose umnitza for brightness)

s0 those dont include shipping yet, depending where you are from
the closer to china, cheaper it gets.. but if you are in the USA, theres theretrofitsource.com; they have all the components and information you need; they also have the best customer service so far that i have ever experience

let me know if you need help.. ill post links or refer you to sellers (for people that wants DIY)

there's people asks about me in making one but for sure one thing will hurt your pocket .. shipping/postage..
so thats another thing to consider.. better to do a DIY to save some $$

·
Registered
2005 Sorento 3.5lt 5 Speed Sports Auto
13 Posts
I really want to do this for my car. I have an 05 and the headlights need an upgrade. I've looked a lot of info and the only question I have ... (or the only thing holding me back), is understanding how you get the black inner part of the headlights where the projectors fit into? It looks so perfect, are these already in the headlight behind the reflectors?

Hey .. Randombob... did you end up doing this?

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento 3.5 5sp Auto
267 Posts
Nah, i havent done this.
It looks like standard headlights with the reflector removed.

I have a friend who works in a panel beater and will be waiting for him to pick up a set of damaged sorent head lights, and then a pair of projectors form another set of damaged head lights before doing this mod.
That way i work on the inner part and mounting the reflectors as practice.
haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts