Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just wondering how to replace the seal or whatever seals the rear differential on my 2002 4x4 sportage.... i did not see any bolts holding the cover on...any help will be appreciated...btw rear pumpkin is very rusted as well as the frame! doh!:confused:

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Greetings,

Even before considering replacing the rear pumpkin cover gasket, I would be concerned with the frame rust issue:

how extensive is the frame deteriorated, and are the rear cross-members intact ? (Solid throughout, no rust holes or damage affecting tube integrity..)

Only asking because if #5 (above the rear axle) or #6 (at rear of vehicle) cross-members fail while driving, it would be -extremely dangerous- (read: potentially catastrophic) to the driver and any passengers in the vehicle.

*** Highly recommend getting the frame and cross-members evaluated, -before- investing $$$ in any other repair, ***

Regards,
GottaCruise

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pumpkin

Frame is rusty around shock passenger side,but the crossmember appears well,just trying to figure this pumpkin leak now.....thanks

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
You are welcome. I've ordered several items from this vendor - excellent service and quality, one I would recommend without hesitation.

Regards,
GottaCruise

·
Registered
2001 4x4 Sportage Limited
128 Posts
You are welcome. I've ordered several items from this vendor - excellent service and quality, one I would recommend without hesitation.

Regards,
GottaCruise
I'll give ya one example. I bought the on/off/resume cruise switch from the local re cycler here, $20 used, no warranty. On that site, it's $13 and change, 1 year warranty. The used, lasted about a week.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
It's the same in this area also - smaller parts from salvage yard Sporty's command about the same markup and/or warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts