Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damage this part in the course of replacing the fuel pump. I would have thought that almost $300.00 for the fuel pump unit it would come with every thing on it. I got the sending unit changed but the (FTPS) got damaged. Now it cost an arm and a leg to get this part. does any one have a used one I could afford? It only took all day to get the fuel pump out drill and re-tap to put in stainless screws, that should have been used in the first place. The car does run with out the sensor, but it is the care my wife uses and would lake to make it right.:eek:

Thanks in advance, Eric

·
Registered
02 Sportage 4x4...66 Shelby GT350...70 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler
196 Posts
Not cheap, but Rockauto has them for 125.00. Do you have a pic and pull in your area?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like all the gas tanks are gone. I am waiting to hear from a place about 3hrs from me. So I am still looking. I won't that price for I saw one for as little as $95.00, but I have been out of work for the last 6mts (lost some fingers) so I am watching the mone.

Thanks Eric

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Eric,

If you have no luck locally, PM me & I'll see what condition the (fuel pressure) tank sensor is on the 2001 parts Sporty here this weekend - should be the same part.

GottaCruise

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your offer. I have PM you, but if it's hard to get to the sensor lets wait a little while I keep looking. I have to say tho I am not having much luck. From what I can tell
the gas tanks get taken out because you can't get the fuel pump out. I am still so mad at myself for not knowing that it did not come with the pump unit, and having wrecked the old one. I may still take you up on your offer. It is vary nice you! I have expanded my look out about 2.5 hrs drive from my location but still no luck.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Ok - if no joy, let me know & I'll pull the one on the parts Sporty here Tuesday/Wednesday next week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts