Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new member here.
2002 Sedona EX - wouldn't start - replaced battery - still no - jump battery - autozone says bad alternator - removed alternator (do you realize how hard that is??) - took to autozone - checked said alternator was fine maybe bad connections - replaced - cleaned connections - started right up - squeal !!!! - revved engine, squeal stops - drive around everything seems fine - next day start up - squeal!!! - rev - stops - next day - doesn't start! - jump battery - starts - turn off - won't start.
What could it be?
I do get a little clicking noise when I turn key to acc and then sometimes when I turn to "on" all the gauges and things will turn on.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Greetings,

And welcome to the forum.

A squealing belt is generally a loose belt, but it could also be an accessory (alternator, water pump, etc.) driven by the belt that is not turning freely,

Try tightening the belt.

If an old belt / many miles on it, check condition.

If worn or frayed in any place, replace with new.

If a new belt, it probably is stretching after install, that's not uncommon. Try tightening the belt.

* If still squealing after above, I would remove the belt, and check each accessory component / pulley to make sure each is turning freely and without restriction..

Hope this helps,
GottaCruise

1 - 2 of 2 Posts