Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 kia rio cinco
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, am new to this forum and I got a question.
I own a 2002 Rio Cinco and when idling the vehicle has a slight shake. When you turn on the lights/highbeams it shakes more, and when you turn on the fan it shakes even more. Its almost like the vehicle wants to die the more power acc. you turn on.

Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Try cleaning your IAC valve it mabe stuck. Reguard's Ronjohn

·
Registered
2002 kia rio cinco
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Ronjohn,
I have cleaned my IAC and no changes. Im thinking that it may be faulty and Im going to have to buy a new one..

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Did you test the 2 coils for the proper resistance. Opening valve 16.5-18.5 Ohms. Closinging coil 14.5-16.5 Ohms. When you cleaned it with carb cleaner when you got done did the valve move freely. I had to use a small plastic screwdriver to unstick the valve while i was spraying it working it back and forth to get it to move just spraying it won't do it. when your done the valve should be just opened a little and move free. Any ecm codes? Also check for vacuum leaks esp the hose from the PCV to the intake pipe. does it run ok otherwise? Good luck with it. Reguard's ronjohn

·
Registered
2002 kia rio cinco
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I havent checked the resistance on the coils. When I was cleaning the valve, I did move it back and forth with a small screwdriver, it stays open abit after the cleaning. No codes, no vacuum leaks ( did a smoke test) and it runs good, drives fine. Just the rough idle..
I will check the resistance on the coils this week.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Another poster here Kevster cleaned his IAC valve twice and it moved free he ended up replacing it and he said it helped alot. I cleaned mine and it worked ok after that. Another thing to thing of is the motor mounts i've seen post's about it shaking at idle with a bad one. Good luck. Reguard's Ronjohn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts