Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently while my wife was driving the Sportage a radiator hose broke and all th efluid drained out. The car would not start after that. I waited for the car to cool down and filled up the radiator and the car started but not right away. The engine turned over for about 30 seconds before she started. I replaced the hose that broke and now I get a P1115 error. The garage said that th eECM was seeing that th ecar was running at -41 so he replaced the temperature sensor. The engine still turns over for about 30 seconds or more in the morning when the car is cold before she starts. Any ideas

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
p1115 coolant temp sensor. Check the wiring for for burned or broken wires. Also check the plug for corrosion. Check for voltage at the plug. You can check the resistance of the sensor with a volt ohm meter. With the sensor removed cold it should be 2.45 + - 0.24.
Emerge into hot water around 180 degrees check with a thermometer. Resistance should be 0.322 + - 0.032. It is possible you had defective sensor. It wouldn't hurt to clean the mapp sensor and the air temp. sensor located in the air filter housing. Also check all the grounds specifically the one at batt. tray.
Hope this helps
chief

1 - 2 of 2 Posts