Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Kia sportage 4x4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought it and looked all over for an explanation for these things, hopefully not a post for this because I tried to look.

Drives great but the door open/key in ignition dinging started the other day and DOESN'T stop, unless i take the key out. Also just found out today as it was getting dark the dash, license plate light, brake lights and passenger side window and driver back window won't go down. (Just checked them yesterday and all was fine. All blinkers, dome light, radio, and the break lights still work fine). All of these things go together by a fuse or something else? or is there some horrible coincidence that everything is going wrong?

·
Registered
2002 Kia sportage 4x4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I found out it's the 10A fuse labeled TAIL inside car, replaced it and everything (all lights) worked for about 30 seconds then blew it again.

·
Registered
2002 Kia sportage 4x4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was the license plate light, somebody had put a aftermarket light in and the wire had a short(or bad wiring job). All good now! Dinging also stopped, not sure why but happy anyways.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@https://www.kia-forums.com/members/dyingsyn.344122
Thank you for coming back, to post updated info, even though nobody else replied.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts