Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Kia Spectra and I can't get my car to go out of park. I had the check engine light go on last night and I had my friend who is a mechanic look at it and the Diagnostic on it said a High Voltage Warning. He reset the code and the car went out of park and into drive. This morning it started fine and when I got to work I turned off the car when I started it again the same thing happend-won't go out of park except this time the check engine light will not go on. The car starts but I just can't get it out of park. I am wondering if anyone can tell me how so I can get home and if you know how to fix this or what the problem may be. I called Kia and of course they told me to take it to a dealer which I can't do because it won't move! Please help!!!:(

·
Registered
09 Ram 53 Ford F350 94 Wrangler 2003 Sorrento 2011 Optima
370 Posts
Sounds like something is wrong with the brake interlock. Best bet is to have it towed to the dealer unless you have the skills and tools to check it out/replace.

·
Registered
2001 Spectra Hatchback,2000 Pride 4 door
52 Posts
You can also take out the small cover cap by your gearbox shifter depress the button (manual gearlock override) ,and then you can put it in gear, Your problem may be the gearlock solenoid actuator , it makes a sound when you press the brake pedal before shifting hope this helps you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts