Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE HAD MY 2002 SPECTRA FOR A YEAR NOW, AND ALL OF A SUDDEN TODAY THE RADIO STARTED BLINKING AND WENT OFF. IT IS ASKING ME FOR A 4 DIGIT CODE--I HAVE NEVER BEEN GIVEN A CODE- CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Press the first four presets in order. I think the factory code is 1111 or 0000, I usually try two or three different times before I get it right.

The reason it did this was that it lost power, so there may be a loose connection somewhere (or you disconnected your battery, that will do it too.)

Mark in MA

·
Registered
2006 Kia Spectra5
76 Posts
Anti-theft feature...........he's prolly right, somehow keep-alive memory power was
disrupted?
try the default code of #1111 otherwise you may have to visit the dealer parts dept to retrieve the code for you. common problem : )

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem upon taking delivery of the car.......the owners manual indicated it was 1111.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem. Tried 0000,1111 and they didn't work. Called KIA they gave me 2397 and that didn't work. They then told me to take it to a dealer to retrieve the code. All the codes came from KIA. Does anyone know the answer? Thank you Don.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts