Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 Kia Sedona will not start after changing the Crankshaft Sensor below the crankshaft after getting an code from a reader. However I'm not sure if I have to change the other sensor that's next to the crankshaft up on top.

Electrical is okay, fuel is okay. And the spark plugs are fine.

Could it be the position sensor? (I think that's what it's called)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,110 Posts
My 2002 Kia Sedona will not start after changing the Crankshaft Sensor below the crankshaft after getting an code from a reader. However I'm not sure if I have to change the other sensor that's next to the crankshaft up on top.

Electrical is okay, fuel is okay. And the spark plugs are fine.

Could it be the position sensor? (I think that's what it's called)

Thanks in advance.
Okay, you have a crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor. You replaced the crankshaft position sensor and now it won't start. Was it running before you replaced the sensor? What was the code you got from the reader? Where did you get the part and did you replace the sensor or have a shop do it? I wonder if it may have been incorrectly routed or if the sensing blade is bent and damaged the new sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, you have a crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor. You replaced the crankshaft position sensor and now it won't start. Was it running before you replaced the sensor? What was the code you got from the reader? Where did you get the part and did you replace the sensor or have a shop do it? I wonder if it may have been incorrectly routed or if the sensing blade is bent and damaged the new sensor.

I replaced both the cam sensor along with crankshaft position sensor.

The car wasn't starting prior to installing of the crankshaft position sensor. However I think that the sensing blade is not making full contact with the sensor. I'm not an expert but I think that's why my car won't start. Do you think it's possible for me to adjust the position of the blade so that it can make contact with the sensor. I double/triple checked everything and made sure that everything was exactly as it was before installation.

The code I got from the reader before and after installation was

PO335 Crankshaft position sensor malfunction.

We got our parts from the local KIA dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts