Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Kia Sedona
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what position the cams should be in. Changed the water pump and now there is a vibration

·
Registered
'02 Sedona 3.5L
75 Posts
Your timing may be off when replaced the TB. You will have to remove all the covers to see if all marks are align.

Use the search in the forum; there are lots of helpful posts show you how to align your timing or proper way to replace timing belt with pictures.

Hope this helps. Post back and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
KIA Sedona 2005 EX 3.5L Automatic
95 Posts
Agree, could be the timing marks that don't line-up, but not sure that would really cause vibration..it would make the engine run rough and misfire. Did the CEL come-on? Did you double check the drive belts? Are they to tight or to loose? That could could vibration sensation. I assume you put engine at TDC when your removed the TB. Did you put a new timing belt on or did you use the old one again? if the latter, did you install the belt in the same 'direction' as it came off? The belt stretches in the 'running direction'. If the belt is now running in the "other direction", could possibly be causing vibration as well (and you would run the risk of premature belt failure). Here are a set-of instructions on how to take the timing belt off and how to install it. You could also search the site, as Bruce2 suggested and find pics and procedure. Also, go to kiatechinfo.com and get the instructions from there.

Right On the Mark: Lining Up Timing Belt Service for First-Generation Kias: Underhood Service

·
Registered
KIA Sedona 2005 EX 3.5L Automatic
95 Posts
Yeah! I remember that sensor, made a very funny clicking noise the first time I changed the belt because i forgot to attach that. Scared the crap out of me. Definately check that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts