Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Kia Optima
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Kia Optima and immediately put it in the shop for a new crank shaft censor and water pump needed to be replaced as well. The car still idles pretty rough and when I try to fill up I have a to pump a bit and it shuts off as if the tank is full when in reality Ive only put like $1 in it. Then this morning I started smelling gas. There are no leaks whatsoever, Ive been watching for that since I got it back from the shop. It seems pretty obvious its something with the EVAP system but I’m not sure if it seems more like a valve issue or the carbon canister and hoses. I read on here another owner had to change carbon canister and hoses and it fixed his similar issue, but I dont wanna get down there, pull it out to test it, and everything be fine. I also dont want to spend hundreds of dollars replacing everything if its a simple fix.

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,889 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
A lot of stuff on your car is the same as a 2002 Hyundai Sonata. Considering that, you're probably dealing with the same issue many early model Hyundai's have.

I wouldn't advise getting another canister until you read through the link.

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,889 Posts
A lot of stuff on your car is the same as a 2002 Hyundai Sonata. Considering that, you're probably dealing with the same issue many early model Hyundai's have.

I wouldn't advise getting another canister until you read through the link.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

Account Details

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts