Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a 2001 Sportage Limited edition. The other day I was unlocking my drivers side door and accidentally turned the key to the right "relocking" and it made a clicking sound. When I turned the key to the left to unlock the door an alarm sounded. After 10 minutes or so trying to figure out how to stop it, I put my key in the ignition and it stopped. So now everytime I lock my door the horn beeps once, and when I unlock my door the alarm goes off. I can't figure out how to turn it off or even how I turned it on in the first place. It's started to annoy my neighbors and myself. Can anyone help me??? Please, I am starting to hear horns beeping in my sleep.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can lock the door before you close the door on the driver side by moving the knob up and down. The horn shouldn't beep, therefore your alarm shouldn't be armed. Unfortunately your alram won't be on at all.

Try unlocking your door from the passenger side or opening your rear hatch and see if the same thing happens. If it doesn't the problem would be isolated to your keylock or the door closed switch on the driver side. I'm suspecting that it's the door switch is sticking or faulty. Is there a door ajar light that comes on when you open the door? If not this would also indicate a problem. Get that working and your problem should be gone. Hope this helps. This is only my best guess!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts