Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sportage, 2007 Kia Sedona
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on here for a year as everything has been going well with my old car - until yesterday. I pushed the button, the window went down. I pushed the button the window went up slowly and a little laboriously. It has been doing this for a while, but I attributed it to age. As it got to the top there was a BANG like someone had thrown a rock at my door. Couldn't figure out what happened...till I tried to lower the window. It just wouldn't work. After a few bumps the window started coming down on its own and is all the way down and of course the button does not work. I took the interior panel off and I can manually slide the window up a little but there is a cable that stops it from going up very far. I am thinking that perhaps that cable had something to do with the bang I heard.So what do I do to fix this situation?:( You guys have been very helpful and have solved all my problems so far.

·
Registered
2004 Optima 2.4 EX, 2005 Yamaha R1 (street) 2001 GSXR 1000 (track)
1,018 Posts
It sounds like the bang noise was the regulator breaking. You could remove it to inspect but it will probably need replacing.

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sportage
2 Posts
Samething happened to me. I took the door apart only to find he plastic elevator pulleys broken with the cable all tangled. A replacement is $50 on updepending on where and the quality. I got one from one of the local parts houses. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts