Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
01 Kia Sephia
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Sephia with 52k everything has been fine with it but the passenger side rocker panel is just about gone and the rot has started on the driver side has anyone else had issues with this ? .

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
Early KIAs were "known" for their rust problems...That's why the 04.5~09 Spectras were given such a poor resale value (because of their earlier relative the Sephia...
In the early 2000s Hyundai bought into KIA (51%) and the quality has really taken a big turn for the better. Time has made the value on the Spectra go up and the Forte and Souls now hold their own against the "Japanese" competition for value.

Sorry about the rust but their isn't much that can be done for it...
If you are gonna keep the Sephia and it has an automatic...make sure to drain and refill the tranny to keep it going strong...
Dave

·
Registered
sephia LS 2001
7 Posts
I had rusted rocker panels on both sides. A friend of mine who could make a car out of parts,made new rocker panels for mine and also did the same for a '98 suzuki Esteem.

He did a better than factory job.The rocker panels will be the last thing to go on the sephia and esteem

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
I'm sure he could find lost of work here. :)
Dave

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,116 Posts
Dad had his replaced. Cut out, bent new stuff, welded, grinded, painted and cleared, last years to come. 700 bucks though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts